South Transept East window of Norwich Anglican Cathedral

This 16th-century glass was brought to Norwich by John Hampp early in the 19th Century. Hampp, a Norwich merchant and weaver imported vast quantities of glass to England through Norfolk ports , mainly from churches desecrated during the French Revolution. The Beauchamp family who lived at Langley Hall bought many panels from him, including this large standing figure of an archbishop saint. This is St Brice who holds a cross staff in his left hand and his emblem of live coals in his right. It is Rouen glass and can be dated to c1600. This figure was spotted by Dennis King when at Langley Hall, and it came to the Cathedral in 1957. It was placed in its current location by G King and Co about 1970